If you need help from the council to pay care home fees, this factsheet looks at what happens if you transfer your property, spend large sums of money or do anything else to reduce your assets before moving into a care home. If the council thinks you did this deliberately to avoid paying fees, they may view it as deprivation of assets and it can affect your entitlement to support. This factsheet focuses on paying care home fees but the same rules also apply to other care services.

Publisher: Independent Age
Published Date: 2017
Author: Independent Age
Length: 23pp