These cookies allow us to distinguish you from other users of our website, they help us to provide you with a good experience when you browse our website and also allow us to improve our site.
Cookies improve your browsing experience by:
- Remembering information you’ve given (e.g. hiding popup notifications) so you do not need to keep repeating the same process within a period of time (see section on ‘storing your preferences’)
- Measuring how you use the website so we can make sure it meets your needs (see section on ‘Google Analytics’).
Our cookies cannot be used to identify you personally in any way. They’re just here to make the site work better for you. Indeed, you can manage and/or delete these small files as you wish.
On our HousingCare, EAC, EAC Art Awards, HOOP and FirstStop Care Advice websites
Custom cookies – In some cases we place cookies on your machine to log preferences you may have, for example whether or not you want to see notifications on a particular page. Cookies can be essential for some functions on our websites, such as where you have ‘logged in’ as a HOOP user or have signed in to update details of home services.
On our HousingCare website
- Social networking tools. On pages such as this we embed tools which integrate with the major social networks. This allows our users to easily share information with their profile and contacts. The main applications we integrate with are: Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. Please see their websites for more information on these services
- Google Analytics sets cookies to help us accurately estimate the number of visitors to the website and volumes of usage. For more information about Google Analytics visit Google Analytics website.
- Elderly Accommodation Counsel is heavily reliant on the adverts shown on our website to generate income for our charity. Cookies are used by these advert providers.
How can you manage your cookies?
Browser settings: Most browsers can be altered to prevent your computer from accepting cookies, although this may mean that some of the features of this site (and other sites) will not work properly and may restrict your user experience.
These settings will typically be found in the ‘options’ or ‘preferences’ menu of your browser. In order to understand these settings, the following links may be helpful, otherwise you should use the ‘Help’ option in your browser for more details.
Turn off anonymous Google Analytics cookies:You can install a Google Analytics browser “plug in” to prevent the website sending information about your visit to Google Analytics. More information about this can be found below.
Other useful links
If you would like to find out more about cookies and their wider use, you may find the following links of interest:
The IAB has provided the following website to give information specifically about privacy issues around Internet advertising:
For further legal information about privacy issues, you may find these links useful: