Extra care housing is a form of retirement housing with personal care, meals and 24-hour support available for those that need it. Extra care housing can be rented from the council or a housing association, purchased leasehold or as shared owner-ship from a housing association. Extra care housing is sometimes called very sheltered housing, close care, assisted living or can be accommodation in a retirement village.

This factsheet explains the types of extra care schemes available, how to find them and how they operate.

Publisher: EAC Advice
Published Date: 2021
Length: 4pp