Get Advice

Use the options below to find the information you need.

Housing Options for Older People (HOOP)

HOOP Advice is our brand-new advice and information service, developed to help older people access information on a range of housing-related matters. Including:

  • Accessing services to help you live safely and well at home
  • Adapting and improving your home to make it suitable for you
  • Exploring the options available if you wish to move

Our self-help HOOP tool encourages users to consider their current home and how they live in it. It then provides suggestions and details of local services and accommodation that may help resolve any concerns identified. The tool is available online, via our app, or in a paper format, known as ‘mini-HOOP’.

If you would like to speak to an advisor, you will be given the option to request a callback at the end of our HOOP tool.

Start HOOP online

Print Mini-HOOP

Finding a new home

Search our accommodation directory or learn more about how to use our website to find somewhere to live.


Learn More

Factsheets and FAQ

Our quick and easy to read factsheets and FAQs provide a great starting point if you are looking to find out more about a particular subject.



Coming home from hospital

Returning home after a stay in hospital can often highlight the need for support services at home that you not have thought of, or needed, before.

Our Home from Hospital toolkit provides information on the sources of assistance that may be available to you and helps identify local services.

Looking for something else?

We specialise in matters related to housing for older people. If you are looking for information on another topic, the following organisations may help:

Care advice (including arranging and paying for care)

Regulated financial advice

Legal matters

Money matters