Needs Assessment

An assessment of your care and support needs, commonly referred to as a ‘needs assessment’ is often done by a social worker and is available to anybody who feels that they may benefit from some assistance. 

The assessment itself can involve a number of people, at a minimum a social worker and the person requiring support will be involved, but the assessment can be expanded to take into account the views of medical professionals, occupational therapists, family members and carers.

Following an assessment, if it is agreed that you require care and support services then a care plan will be formed which may recommend the provision of carers, equipment, adaptations or other services.