The Housing Learning and Improvement Network (LIN), formerly responsible for managing the Department of Health’s (DH) Extra Care Housing capital programme, is the leading ‘knowledge hub’ for a growing network of housing, health and social care professionals in England involved in planning, commissioning, designing, funding, building and managing housing with care for older people.
We have a reputation as a ‘trusted brand’, strong links and record of involvement with government, the Homes and Communities Agency, major trade and professional bodies and key industry players across the public, private and voluntary sectors. Our aim is to:
- raise the profile about the housing and care needs and aspirations of older people
- act as a champion for housing with care organisations and, in particular, promoting innovations in Extra Care Housing
- offer unrivaled access to tools that support the way you improve existing housing and related care and support services for older people or deliver new ones
- help you to respond to, inform and influence policy and practice developments and what older people say about service quality
- provide you with an opportunity for effective learning through our national and regional networking activities, and
- enable you to benefit from the latest research, thinking and ideas from the field to help raise standards