What does it do?
Provides a consultation and tuition services that is conducted in clients own home. This could be:
- Advice on what equipment and services to purchase, working within a set budget.
- 1 to 1 tutorials on how to search the Internet, and e-mail.
- How to manage a Facebook or Twitter account.
- Keep your computer safe whilst Internet surfing.
- Advice and guidance to free or local IT classes
- 1 to 1 tutorials to build technology skills for work, if you are thinking of doing something part-time
Who it is for?
Over 50's who would like to use a computer, or want to find out what the Internet can provide, in terms of day to day living, leisure and work. The service may be of particular interest to people who are housebound.
Where it is available?
Local service (Dudley, Walsall, Wolverhampton, Birmingham, Coventry, Sandwell, Solihull).
What it costs:
There is a cost for the service, but this is negotiated at first contact
How to access or apply for it:
People can send enquiries by e-mail. firstname.lastname@example.org, Telephone 0121 288 3722 or Mobile 07814203660
What to expect then:
A follow up call or e-mail to your enquiry within 48 hours.
the-ap-coach, Lynne Thompson has helped older learners with IT for several years. She has most recently helped a number of people in sheltered accommodation get online in Birmingham and Kidderminster. She is a member of the Digital Unite Tutor network, Digital Unite organise Silver Surfers Day.
Info last updated:
85 Parkside Road, Halesowen, West Midlands, B63 2DZ