Occupational Therapy Services

What does it do?

Occupational Therapists are responsible for assessing and providing services that help people remain as independent as possible in their own homes. The occupational therapy service can provide advice and information on methods of carrying out day to day tasks that may help you retain your independence. For users with a permanent or chronic disability or illness.  This can include putting in a downstairs bathroom in someone's own home, changing the bathroom so that you can have a walk-in / wheel-in shower rather than a bath, putting a ramp or handrail at the fron and back door etc.  

Who it is for?

Advice to assist people recovering from illness or injury.

Where it is available?

Local service (Cambridge).

How to access or apply for it:

Referral to Occupational Therapy services,  is via the County Council's Contact Centre, Cambridgeshire Direct, on 0345 045 5205.

What to expect then:

The Contact Centre will ask you for details about the sort of help you feel you need. If you are eligible for services, arrangements will be made to visit you at home to assess your needs in more detail.


Info last updated:

Shire Hall, Castle Hill, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, CB3 0AP