Aster Living TelecareTelecare service in South West England
What does it do?
We all value our independence and a telecare alarm will help you keep yours.
How does the telecare alarm work?
Personal sensors are sensors you wear as a pendant or watch, carry around, or are buttons or alerting devices which communicate with the base unit wirelessly by radio signals. Base units have a speaker and a microphone inside them so you can speak to our monitoring centre. You can be some distance away from the base unit and still be able to call for help.
We also offer GPS (Global Positioning System) sensors which means you can be in touch with our monitoring centre even if you are away from the home base unit. A GPS sensor is ideal for people who suffer with dementia who have a tendency to wander, which can cause families and friends much distress and the police costly call-outs.
Who it is for?
Telecare is suitable if you are; at risk of falling, living alone and want reassurance, victim of domestic abuse, returning home from hospital or suffering from limited mobility. It is available in the South West of England - Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire, Wiltshire, Swindon, Gloucestershire, Somerset, Devon and Cornwall.
Where it is available?
What it costs:
FREE FOR 8 WEEKS, then only £16.90 per month for a standard unit.
Help and reassurance, 24 hours a day, at the touch of a button. Your monitored
home unit and pendant will connect you to our friendly, professional team.
Please contact the organisation for more details on other options.
How to access or apply for it:
What to expect then:
Opening hours: Monday to Friday, 8.30am-5pm. We’ll get back to you in two working days.
Why Aster Living ?
- We are a local, long term, charitable and accredited provider.
- We have over 50 years’ experience, helping thousands of people feel safe.
- Free 8 week trial period and no installation charge
- Free assessment conducted by trained assessor
- Free annual needs and equipment assessment
- Charges include unlimited maintenance and repairs service
- Pay by Direct Debit
- Latest technology available, through a choice of suppliers
- Unlike other providers, we don’t require you to have a keyholder