Services for Independent Living (SIL)Support services for disabled and older people in Herefordshire
What does it do?
We are passionate about supporting disabled and older people to live the life they choose in their own home and community. We understand that it matters to our customers that they have a consistent staff team providing a reliable service and we go the ‘extra mile’ to make it happen.
Our service is individually designed in partnership with you to meet your unique needs. You can choose to be involved in the selection of the support workers who best fit you and your lifestyle. We operate a thorough recruitment process, and support workers are selected for their enthusiasm and commitment to the rights and choices of individuals. They receive ongoing and comprehensive training to ensure they have the skills to meet your needs.
Whether for a few hours a week or full time support, we can help you lead the life you want. We are happy to offer a trial period of support for you to experience our service. Our high quality service is illustrated by our high customer and staff retention rates.
Who is the service for?
- People with a physical disability and health care needs
- People with learning difficulties and / or autistic spectrum disorders.
- People with dementia
- People with mental health needs
- Anyone who requires support to live at home.
What services are available?
We provide reliable and experienced staff to enable people to maintain their independence and live at home safely and independently. Our services include:
- Personal Care
- Practical support with daily tasks, paying bills and maintaining a home
- Complex care and support
- Dementia care
- Respite and short breaks
- Hospital discharge and regaining independence
- Assistance to access education, training, employment and social activities and to remain in your community
- Health care - e.g. medication, catheter care, healthcare, oxygen facilitation.
- Palliative care
- 24 hour back up
Who it is for?
Where it is available?
What it costs:
What to expect then:
What happens next?
We offer a FREE, no obligation, home visit to discuss your needs
Our first meeting is about listening to you to ensure that we understand your requirements. We will talk to you about costs and sources of funding and discuss with you how we will arrange your support.
Once you decide to proceed we will assign a Team Co-ordinator who will:
- Create an individual care plan which includes your safety and wellbeing requirements
- Recruit a team of staff (you can choose to be involved in their selection)
- Train, support and supervise staff to meet your specific requirements
- Liaise with professionals e.g. Social worker, Occupational Therapist
Regular reviews ensure that we continue to provide high quality support which can be adjusted as your needs or personal goals change.
“Having control and the freedom to choose what to do has really changed my life”
“Being able to keep my independence has been brilliant, thank you SIL”