Occupational therapy

What does it do?

Social care occupational therapy
You may be offered equipment or adaptations to your home to support you and help you to maintain
your independence, or to assist your carer. An occupational therapist
may also provide information and advice in moving and handling and any
other aspect of coping with daily living.This service is provided
to those people of all ages whose needs have been assessed as falling
within the social care services eligibility criteria. See below for
details on occupational therapy assessments.
Health occupational therapy
The health occupational therapy service is for stays in hospital and
returning home. It provides a specialist therapeutic service, including
assessment, treatment and ensuring a safe discharge back home after
hospital admission.

Who it is for?

We offer both a health and social care occupational therapy service. Our
social care service assesses how your disability affects your daily
life. For example, if you have any difficulty in getting on and off the
toilet, in and out of the bath or getting into and out of your home. The
health occupational therapy service deals with stays in hospital.

Where it is available?

Local service (Hambleton, Harrogate, Craven, Richmondshire, Ryedale, Scarborough, Selby).

What it costs:

Please contact the organisation for more details.

How to access or apply for it:

Customer services centre (social care enquiries)
Full contact details for the customer services centre, including how to call in personally, can be found below.

Tel: 0845 034 9410

Fax: 01609 532009


Info last updated: