What does it do?

Equipment - Getting the help you need
If you have a disability or chronic medical condition, your quality of life can be greatly enhanced with the right equipment or expert advice from Occupational Therapists. The Occupational Therapy service is available to people of all ages, including children.

If we think you need help an Occupational Therapist will visit you in your home to carry out an assessment and advise you of practical solutions available to you to help you around your home. We will always try to meet your needs in the most reasonable and practical way.

Who it is for?

for older people

How to access or apply for it:

Getting in touch (making a referral)
If you think you need help from us, you can phone or visit your local social work office, or your local Housing Landlord office, to make a referral. If you prefer, you can ask someone to contact us on your behalf.

You will be asked about the problems you are facing and how you are coping at the moment.

It is important you tell us as much as you can at this point.  We will use this information to decide whether we can help you or whether we should refer you to other agencies to get the right support for you.

Find your local social work office at

Additional information:

Read more about this service at


Info last updated:

Customer Care Team, Glasgow City Council, City Chambers, Glasgow, G2 1DU