Home Improvement Agency Service

Helping you to live in the safety and comfort of your own home

What does it do?

The primary aim of the service is help older clients or those living with disabilities to continue to live in the safety and comfort of their own homes. It provides advice and assistance in obtaining local authority grants for housing repairs and improvements or adaptations.

Some examples of works we have been agents for include level access showers, extensions, roof repairs, ground floor toilets, renewing rotten flooring, replacement windows and doors, security adaptations for disabled children, stair-lifts, damp proofing, etc. We also get a large number of calls asking for advice for a variety of things, ranging from who would fit a smoke alarm to whether there is a grant for a wood burning stove.

Who it is for?

The service is restricted to owner occupiers or those living in privately rented properties.

How to access or apply for it:

If you think our team is able to assist you, you can contact us direct.  Alternatively, you may wish to contact the Highland Council's Grants Officer or your local Community Care Occupational Therapist to ask about a referral.

What to expect then:

When we receive a referral or direct enquiry, our Care & Repair Officer will guide you through the whole process, from making an initial visit to explain what we do and to discuss what work is required, through completion of grant applications, preparing tenders for the work and monitoring it when on-site.


Info last updated: