Respite Care For Adults

What does it do?

Social Services may be able to help you have a break from caring. Many carers find that having a short break helps ease some of the stresses of the carers experience. A break can enable you to carry on looking after the person you care for and improve life for both of you.

Who it is for?

The service is for anyone who feels that they need a break from looking after someone they care for.

Where it is available?

Local service (Poole).

What it costs:

An assessment is provided free of charge.
Social Services will look at the cared for person’s ability to pay for the break, so that they can be advised as to how much they will be expected to pay towards the cost.

How to access or apply for it:

Carers or clients who want to apply for a break and/or other services should contact the Social Services Help Desk. 

What to expect then:

They will be able to arrange for eligibility and needs to be assessed. You should request a break as far in advance of the required date as possible.


Info last updated:

Civic Centre Annexe Park Road, Poole, Dorset, BH15 2RT