The Private Sector Housing Team

What does it do?

Discretionary Financial Assistance
Small works grants (£250 - £500) for essential repairs may be available to owner occupiers aged over 70 on low incomes. 

A range of discretionary funded assistance measures are listed in our Private Sector Housing Renewal Strategy.  Unfortunately, we do not have the financial resources to fund these measures and we are currently unable to accept any new requests for discretionary financial assistance except for small works grants.

Mandatory Disabled Facilities Grants
The Council is responsible for administering Disabled Facilities Grants.  A grant may be available for a range of work that will help a disabled person to fund adaptations to their home and enable them to live as independently as possible.

Who it is for?

Discretionary Financial Assistance
Priority shall begiven to persons who are over 60 and who are in receipt of an income related benefit.  However, no discretionary assistance is currently available except for small works grants.

Mandatory Disabled Facilities Grants
Households requiring adapatations to help a disabled person live as independently as possible.

Where it is available?

Local service (Rother).

How to access or apply for it:

Contact Private Sector Housing on 01424 787565 or


Info last updated: