Adult Social Care

Adult Social Care

What does it do?

A range of services for people including advice, support and services for older people

Who it is for?

Adults living in the local authority area

How to access or apply for it:

See contact details above

Additional information:

Get help to live independently at home

Find out how you can live independently at home with our Independent Living Angus self-help service.

The service is mainly about adults, but some of the information may be useful for young people.

It asks simple questions about the person needing assistance, their capabilities and their home.

It then provides ideas on how tasks can be made easier as well as giving details on equipment solutions that are suitable.

The service offers:

  • independent advice and information online 24 hours a day, seven days a week
  • supported self-assessment for particular problem areas such as falls, difficulty with bathing or using the toilet
  • suggestions for safe and suitable solutions to help you manage your daily living tasks
  • options about the purchase or loan of equipment
  • flexibility in completing your assessment - you can look at as much or as little information as you want at your own pace.



Info last updated: