Adult Social CareAdult Social Care
What does it do?
Who it is for?
How to access or apply for it:
Get help to live independently at home
Find out how you can live independently at home with our Independent Living Angus self-help service.
The service is mainly about adults, but some of the information may be useful for young people.
It asks simple questions about the person needing assistance, their capabilities and their home.
It then provides ideas on how tasks can be made easier as well as giving details on equipment solutions that are suitable.
The service offers:
- independent advice and information online 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- supported self-assessment for particular problem areas such as falls, difficulty with bathing or using the toilet
- suggestions for safe and suitable solutions to help you manage your daily living tasks
- options about the purchase or loan of equipment
- flexibility in completing your assessment - you can look at as much or as little information as you want at your own pace.