Homecall Optical Domiciliary eyecareHomecall Optical provides free domiciliary eyecare for the housebound.
What does it do?
We employ specially trained staff who are caring and sympathetic. Our aim is to promote independence and well-being, by delivering high standards of eyecare.
The service is availabe to individuals who are unable to attend a high street opticians without help.
Homecall Optical working alongside Age UK
Who it is for?
The service is available to individuals who are unable to attend a high street opticians without help.
* Aged 60 or over or under 16
* Aged under 19 and in full time education
* Diagnosed with Diabetes or Glaucoma or considered to be at risk of Glaucoma
* Aged 40 or over and the parent, brother, sister son or daughter of a person diagnosed with Glaucoma
* Registered Blind or partially sighted
* Eligible for a NHS Comples Lens Voucher
* Claiming Benefit (pension credit guarantee, income support/jobseekers allowance, tax credits)
* On a low income and named on a valid HC2 or HC3 Certificate
Where it is available?
What it costs:
Help with the cost of Spectacles:
You may qualify for a NHS Optical Voucher to help with the cost of your spectacles you are:
Claiming certain Benefits
On a Low income
Named on a valid HC2 nd HC3
Eligible for an NHS Complex Lens Voucher
Aged under 16
Aged 16-18 in full time education
How to access or apply for it:
0121 314 2068
We will arrange an appointment for an Optician to visit you, at your earliest convenience.
What to expect then:
How it works...
1) Free eye test
Our registered Optometrists use state of the art equipment to provide an eye examination at your home
2) Choose Frame
Our optician will advise and help you choose from a wide range of frames, many of which are free, with an NHS optical voucher
3) Free Delivery
Once your glasses have been made in our laboratory, you will be contacted by our friendly team, who will arrange for your glasses to be delivered and fitted to you free of charge
4) Free Aftercare Service
We will contact you a short while after your glasses have been fitted, to make sure you are happy with the vision and comfort of your new glasses