Promoting Independent Living Service (PILS)Independent Living Service for Older People in Worcestershire
What does it do?
PILS delivers practical help to create safe, warm and accessible homes. This help can range from delivering major modifications for people most in need, to offering advice and recommendations to people who need reliable professionals to carry out work. We can:
- Help with identifying the work required to adapt, repair or improve a customer’s home;
- Help with Disabled Facilities Grants for adaptation works;
- Help to homeowners with Home Repairs Assistance for essential repairs to their home;the quality of work carried out by experienced and approved contractors;
- Assist with Housing Options – giving people access to practical help and information about their housing options;
- Equipment and minor adaptions helping to prevent falls at home.
- Handyperson service such as replacing washers for taps, hanging curtains, small painting jobs and fitting key safes or grab rails.
- Advice and practical help for customers with dementia who would like help to remain safe and maximise their independence at home.
- Provide access to an in house occupational therapist to assist customers in making choices
PILS can also help with privately funded work for homeowners for which a fee is charged.
We are funded by the partnership of Worcestershire Councils and work closely with a range of agencies to provide our services. PILS is delivered by Millbrook Healthcare Ltd which is an independent business, specialising in the provision of high-quality community equipment, wheelchair, assistive technology and home improvement agency services to the NHS and local authorities across England.
Who it is for?
Older people and people with disabilities
Where it is available?
What it costs:
Please contact the organisation for more details