Paying for services provided in the community (home care)

What does it do?

Darlington Adult Social Care, along with all other local authorities, must follow Government guidance when making decisions about how to operate their charging policy for home care (or non-residential) services, for example day care, personal care.

If you are assessed as needing support and want to apply to Adult Social Care for help towards the cost, then a financial assessment will need to be completed in accordance with Darlington’s charging policy.