Home adaptationshome advice, repairs and adaptations
What does it do?
We can help you to adapt your home to suit your individual needs.
We have the experience needed to advise you on what will work best in your own home, from fitting a downstairs toilet to building an extension. If you need us to, we can also organise and oversee the work on your behalf.
These are just some of the adaptations we can help you with:
- removing a bath to fit a level access shower
- installing a stairlift
- creating ramps and widening doors for wheelchair users
- building a safe play area for children.
Who it is for?
We provide help and advice with repairs and adaptations to homeowners across the city:
- we work with older people over 60, helping them to live independently in their own homes;
- we also work with disabled people of all ages, including people with mental health issues or learning difficulties.
Where it is available?
What it costs:
In some cases there is no cost for our services, and in every case we work hard to give you a sensible and affordable way forward.
How to access or apply for it:
Contact the service on 0300 323 0700
Monday to Friday, 9.00-5.00 pm
All of our staff are checked with the Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) and we only work with trusted contractors.