Disabled Facilities Grants and Housing Loansgrants for home improvments, adaptations
What does it do?
Grants for disabled facilities and improving your house
In these troubled times we can still offer financial help with housing.
We have an adopted Financial Assistance Policy (https://www.hastings.gov.uk/housing/improvement/housing_renewal_financial_assistance/) which includes details of how we can help install disabled facilities and relocate disabled people.
Hastings Borough Council works with Parity Trust, a trusted ethical loans partner, to administer a small pot of money for housing loans. Availability and accessibility of loans is strictly administered by the Council and Parity Trust and are only approved where the applicant can afford to repay. Loans can be used to assist people needing the following types of help:
- Meeting the financial contribution to a mandatory Disabled Facilities Grant
- Topping up a Mandatory Disabled Facilities Grant, where the grant does not cover all the costs
- Assisting someone move house, where their home cannot be adapted for their disability needs
- Urgent repairs to a home (owner/occupiers)
- Assisting in bringing a long term empty homes back into use
Other types of help may be considered.
Who it is for?
for disabled and older people needing to adapt their home.
Where it is available?
How to access or apply for it:
Visit www.paritytrust.org.uk for further information
Telephone: 01424 451335