Disabled Facilities Grant

grants for home improvments and adaptations

What does it do?

There are a range of adaptations that could improve access into and around your home such as:
- Ramps for wheelchairs (not scooters).
- Stairlifts and through-floor lifts.
- Level Access Showers.
- Essential ground floor facilities.

If you are a tenant, especially of a Housing Association, your landlord might be able to make the necessary adaptations to your home and you should contact them in the first instance.

If you own the property or your landlord is unable to help, you might qualify for a Disabled Facilities Grant (DFG).

Disabled Facilities Grant are specifically intended to help with the cost of disabled adaptations.

Who it is for?

If you are disabled you might benefit from having your home adapted to better suit your needs.

Where it is available?

Local service (Hyndburn).

How to access or apply for it:

If you require further help or advice, please contact:
Adaptations Officer
Regeneration and Housing Services
Scaitcliffe House

Telephone – 01254 380153 or 01254 380238


Info last updated: