Disabled facilities grant

What does it do?

Who can get a grant?

The Disabled person must be registered as disabled with Community Services or meet the criteria for registration if they applied.

The applicant must be an owner occupier, private landlord, private tenant or the tenant of a Registered Social Landlord. Owners or tenants of houseboats and park homes are included.

A recommendation is required from an occupational therapist that the work is necessary and appropriate.

How much grant will be given?

We means test the Disabled person and any partner to determine the amount of their contribution towards the cost of the work. If the Disabled person is a child or person under 18 there is no means test.

The maximum grant is £30,000.

There is a limited budget each year for this assistance and each case will be considered on an individual basis.