Chesterfield Care GroupDay centre for the elderly in Chesterfield
What does it do?
The Chesterfield Care Group has been operating since 1996 and is accredited by Derbyshire County Council and the Derbyshire County Primary Care Trust. It is a local independent Registered Charity and is a non profiting making organisation.
Referrals can be made via Derbyshire County Council Social Care or by individuals (or their family) contacting us directly.
Chesterfield Care Group’s aims are:
- to reduce the isolation of older people who are unable to make use of other recreational facilities
- enabling older people to stay in their own homes for longer
to provide respite for carers to enable them to continue to care longer
We have qualified staff who provide a quality service in a friendly and stimulating environment. We aim to meet the personal needs of our individual clients. Day care places for approximately 380 clients are offered each week.
Chesterfield Care Group’s Main Centre is based within the Chesterfield Community Centre, Tontine Road, and is open Monday to Friday with approximately 30 day care places each day.
This Main Centre provides day care for clients with medium to substantial needs.
There are Outreach Centres which provide day care for clients with medium dependency levels and who live in the vicinity of those centres. There are two specialised Outreach Groups which provide support to people with dementia.
Please browse our website or contact us if your require additional information.
Who it is for?
Where it is available?
What it costs:
- The Chesterfield Care Group has a daily attendance charge. To provide for “extras” such as trips out and entertainment, most clients also choose to make a small additional contribution or join bingo or a raffle.
- Derbyshire County Council Social Care will assess you and if they determine that you meet the criteria for a personalised budget, this will pay for the daily attendance charge.
- If Derbyshire County Council Social Care decide you do not meet their criteria you will need to pay for the service yourself. We can discuss the charges when we visit you.
- Additional days to those assessed as necessary by Social Care may be available and the charges for these can be discussed.
How to access or apply for it:
- In the first instance you should contact Derbyshire County Council Social Care at Call Derbyshire on 08456 058 058 and ask for an assessment of your needs to ensure that you meet the Social Care criteria for funding.
- If you do not meet the Social Care criteria you can approach the Chesterfield Care Group directly on 01246 274812. A visit will be arranged where the options available to you will be discussed.
- If you prefer you can e-mail the Chesterfield Care Group using contact us details on the website.