Supporting Independence ServiceHome help for older people in Gateshead
What does it do?
For an affordable hourly fee, our team members will tackle everything including basic cleaning, laundry, running errands, accompanying you to appointments or even just keeping you company.
You can book them to come in as often as you need them – every week, every month, or whatever suits your needs.
All of our staff are full trained and accredited by the British Institute of Cleaning Science and are vetted by the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly CRB).
How does it work?
We will come to your home and discuss how we can help you. We will then agree a plan with you to ensure that you can get the support you want.
We will work out how long your support visit needs to be to meet your needs and let you know what this will cost.
You will be provided with a regular support worker who will come to your home at a time that suits you best. You can decide how often you want them to come – some customers ask us to visit every week while others want more frequent visits.
All that we ask is that you use the service for a minimum of one hour per visit.
Support can be given to help you with:
- dusting all surfaces
- sweeping and washing floors
- emptying bins
- thoroughly cleaning your bathroom and kitchen
- clean inside windows
- sorting out washing
- putting laundry into machines
- hanging washing out
- making beds and changing bed linen
- cleaning ovens, fridges and cupboards
- mattresses turning
- carpet cleaning (depending on condition)
- upholstery cleaning (depending on condition)
- washing walls
- shopping (including putting away)
- prescription collection
Health and Well-being
- accompanying you to appointments
- completing a Home Safety Checklist
- advice to help prevent accidents in your home
- filling out forms and responding to letters
- getting advice and support with repairs and home improvements
- finding alternative accommodation