Digital UniteDigital Unite - unleash your DIGITAL talents
What does it do?
Digital Unite has been delivering digital skills training and development since 1996 and is the UK’s leading supplier of online digital learning resources and support.
An independent and agile organisation, we are proud to be the digital skills supplier chosen by Government, corporates, charities and not-for-profit organisations to enable their digital inclusion activities.
What we do
- Support computer users. With our range of 300 how-to guides and online community we provide high quality online digital learning content created based on peoples’ learning experiences. Our website has around 185,000 unique visitors a month and our content is recommended by 800 external websites.
- Host industry forums. We host and manage interactive online networks to create, develop and sustain armies of Digital Champions for specific communities. Already successfully operating in the housing sector, this adaptable and scalable model can be used in all parts of the digital inclusion cycle and with different types of organisations.
- Develop the skills of Digital Champions. Recommended by 9 out of 10 learners, our online courses for Digital Champions are proven to support people with developing their personal digital skills and essential teaching techniques for helping beginners to get online. Our Digital Champion ITQ is the only course of its type to have City and Guilds Level 2 accreditation
- Help give people their first taste of technology. Our award-winning Spring Online campaign enables people to integrate with the resources and support closely available to them and has helped over 200,000 people to get online since its inception in 2002.
- Provide face-to-face tuition support. Our quality assured tutor network has decades of experience of helping learners take their first steps into the digital world with backgrounds in teaching, IT skills training and computer support.
- Support the work of the Digital Unite Trust. We deliver the Spring Online campaign for which the Digital Unite Trust raises funds to support and deliver, through our online courses, the Digital Champion training that the Trust is seeking to subsidise through bursaries.
- Help to influence national digital literacy policy. We participate in national steering groups including the Age Action Alliance Digital Inclusion Group run by the Department for Work and Pensions and the Government Digital Service Digital Inclusion stakeholder group.
Who it is for?
We have extensive experience of promoting the benefits of computers, tablets and the internet to older people, delivering national and award-winning initiatives to this audience.
Where it is available?
How to access or apply for it:
Phone 0800 228 9272
Or email at digitalunite.com/contact-us, or at email@example.com
See also FIND A TUTOR at digitalunite.com/tutors/find-tutor
Quick facts about our tuition
- All tutors are accredited by Digital Unite and are DBS checked
- Tutors are patient and reliable, and used to working with complete beginners
- Your tutor will visit you at home and teach you on your own computer, at the right pace for you
- Workplace and small group tuition also available
- A session normally lasts between 1 and 1.5 hours
- The cost is usually between £20 and £30 per hour