TelecareTelecare service in Herefordshire
What does it do?
TelecareTelecare provides support to people in their own homes by using monitoring technology. The use of telecare sensors may be part of a package which can provide support for people with illnesses such as dementia, or people at risk of falling.
Unobtrusive and flexible, it is a remote monitoring service which can help transform the lives of those who wish to remain living in their own homes for as long as possible. It can bring reassurance to users who can now have immediate help available, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
The Herefordshire Telecare Service aims to improve the quality of life for people by increasing their levels of safety and independence, in their own homes, while enabling them to retain their privacy and control over their own individual lifestyles.
Who it is for?
- Falls prevention - the person must have a history of falls requiring emergency assistance.
- Admission prevention - without telecare, there would be admission to residential or nursing care. In the shorter term, there may be a need for hospital admission.
- Facilitating discharge - provision of telecare will enable the person to be discharged safely to their own home.
- Intermediate care - provision of telecare as part of an overall intermediate care programme. In general, such a person will have a physical or cognitive impairment which renders them unable to recognise or respond to a dangerous situation.
- Persons who are able to raise an alert by using a manual trigger, such as a pendant alarm, should be directed to community alarm provision (see below).
Where it is available?
What it costs:
Is there a charge?
Linked service requirements are:
- Modern telephone socket and working land line
- Mains electrical socket - ideally within 4 feet of the telephone socket and on the same wall.
- Key holders / provision of access to property in emergency.
A national insurance number is required.
There is currently no charge for Telecare. However, this could change in the future. Service users will be kept informed of any changes which may affect them.
How to access or apply for it:
Office Tel No: 01432 261650