Floating Support Service

Housing support service for older and vulnerable people

What does it do?

We can support you to access services and stay living independently in the community. We can help you: 
  • to manage your finances and budgeting, debts and benefit or housing benefit claims
  • make social contacts and put you in touch with support groups or other activities depending on your needs
  • manage your health and wellbeing, for example by helping you register with a GP or dentist
  • by providing advice to help you keep a tenancy and prevent homelessness
  • access transport, including getting bus passes, dial-a-ride, taxi cards, etc
  • by referring you to other services that can enable you to remain living in your home and stay independent, for example Staywell and social services
  • when moving home by setting up your gas, electricity, water or TV licence accounts
  • find second hand furniture and apply to charities
  • with the choice based lettings scheme
  • choose home care providers, cleaners, etc

Who it is for?

People aged 55+ who are owner occupiers, living in private rented accommodation, or council or housing association general needs housing.

Where it is available?

Local service (Kingston upon Thames).

What it costs:

The service is free to anyone receiving Housing Benefit. If you are not receiving Housing Benefit you will need to complete a financial assessment form.
In cases where you have large amounts of savings it is possible that you may need to pay the full amount for using the Floating Support Service.

How to access or apply for it:

Referrals to the Floating Support Service for Older People can be made by anyone by:
* using the online referral form on the website
* phoning 020 8547 5003 or
* by sending an email to housing@kingston.gov.uk


Info last updated:

Guildhall 2 High Street, Kingston upon Thames, Surrey, KT1 1EU