Home Improvement Agency Service
What does it do?
C.A.R.E. (Caring and Repairing in Epping Forest) is a Home Improvement Agency managed and run by Epping Forest District Council. Home Improvement Agencies help older homeowners and private tenants remain at home in greater comfort, warmth and security with a range of services.
Most people want to stay in their own homes for as long as possible but find that as they get older they need help to adapt their homes or carry out necessary repairs and maintenance.
In addition, we aim to tailor our service to meet your individual needs, and the following represents a sample of the services we provide:
- Assistance in applying for financial aid toward repairs (including help to fill in forms);
- Providing links to other sources of information;
- Help you to obtain quotes from approved contractors;
- A personal case worker and home visits;
- Provide advice about Housing Assistance Grants available to eligible clients, such as Disabled Facilities Grants, Small Works Assistance and Thermal Comfort Grants.
C.A.R.E also provides a Handyperson Service to home-owners and private tenants who are over 60 or disabled. This carries out small, low cost repairs and provides falls prevention measures. It is free of charge to people on means tested benefits. People not on benefits may also use it but will have to pay the full cost of the work.
C.A.R.E are also currently offering a Handyperson Plus Service which provides a home security check and a range of security devices such as window and door locks. This is free of charge to all home-owners and private tenants who are over 60 or disabled.