Redbridge First Response ServiceFirst response partnership scheme in London Borough of Redbridge
What does it do?
How does it work?
A staff member from any of the partner organisations will complete a simple checklist to help identity what type of services and support you need. Once the checklist has been completed it will be sent to the ReFRS team who will contact the appropriate partner(s) to offer the support required. A representative from the partner organisation will then contact you directly. Types of services on offer include:
- Falls assessments and advice on falls prevention
- Smoke alarms, home safety and security advice
- Housing repairs
- Domestic help, adaptations, specialist equipment and advice
- Advice and support for victims of abuse and crime
- Befriending and social activities
- Assistive technology (lifeline)
- Healthy living
- Giving up smoking
- Mental health support
- Domestic abuse support
- Drug and alcohol support
- Crime prevention and safety advice
- Support for victims of crime/hate crime and anti-social behaviour
- Getting the right benefits and managing finances
- Information about local groups and activities
- Advice and support on how to live a healthier lifestyle
- Advice on adult learning and employment
- Information and advice for adult and young carers
- Energy switching and fuel poverty
Who it is for?
Where it is available?
What it costs:
How to access or apply for it:
For further information please email ReFRS@redbridge.gov.uk