National DebtlineFree independent debt advice in England, Wales and Scotland
What does it do?
At National Debtline we are committed to answering your call and then discussing your debt problems with you and the options available to you. The specialist advice that we give over the telephone is backed up with written self-help materials which we can send out to you for free. If your circumstances meet certain criteria, we can, if you are interested, assist in setting up a Debt Management Plan or debt relief order for you, for free.
Who it is for?
National Debtline is a national telephone helpline for people with debt problems in England, Wales and Scotland.
Where it is available?
National service (England, Scotland, Wales).
What it costs:
Our service is free, confidential and independent.
How to access or apply for it:
Freephone: 0808 808 4000
Open: Monday to Friday 9am to 9pm, Saturday 9.30am to 1pm
24-hour voicemail, please leave a message to request an information pack.
FAX: 0121 410 6230
51-53 Hagley Road,
Email form: http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/england_wales/contact_us.php#email
What to expect then:
- When you call us you will speak to one of our trained advisers who will discuss your circumstances with you. We may need to ask you a number of questions, to ensure that the advice we give you is accurate. We will outline the options available to you and the pros and cons of the options that you have.
- Once you have decided on a course of action we will explain to you how to take it forward.
- All our calls are treated in the strictest confidence and we will not make any judgments on your situation.
- You do not have to give us your personal details - you can remain anonymous if you wish.
- If you need further advice after your first call, you are welcome to ring us again.
Financial advice (benefits), Information / Signposting / Gateway service, Home maintenance grants & Loans
Info last updated:
Tricorn House 51-53 Hagley Road, Birmingham, B16 8TP