York Handyperson ServiceHandyperson Service for older people in York
What does it do?
Assists with small repairs and other tasks to enable you to live safely and comfortably within your own home.
Examples of the type of work our Handypersons can do:
- Change light bulbs
- Fit door bells
- Secure loose carpets or rugs around the home (but not fit carpet)
- Supply and fit replacement door locks
- Supply and fit Key safes
- Provide and fit plastic and metal grab rails
- Provide and fit mop stick handrails
- Provide and fit external handrails
These are only examples, no matter the work you need, always feel free to ask. If we can not help we may be able to suggest some one who can.
Who it is for?
We operate in the City of York area assisting home owners and private tenants, particularly those aged over 65 or disabled people of any age.
Where it is available?
What it costs:
If you receive income based benefits, you pay for any materials and the handyperson will fit them for free.
If you do not qualify for benefits, there will be a reasonable labour charge. Currently £22.50 per hour.