Stay Well at Home ServiceSupporting you to remain independent and safe in your home.
What does it do?
Supporting you to remain independent and safe in your home.
Most of us want to go on living in our own homes as we grow older. There are times, however, when some extra support can make all the difference. For example:
- If you or your your carer experience a period of illness
- Do you have any long-term health problems?
- Have you recently been to hospital?
- Would a little support and advice help you stay at home?
How does it work?
Our award-winning Stay Well at Home service can support you to:
- access health services such as an optician, dentist and podiatrist
- recuperate at home after an illness or fall e.g. support with collecting prescriptions, shopping and light meal preparation, caring for your domestic pets
- get back on your feet after a fall or illness e.g. accompanying you on shopping trips, get help around your home and garden, buildi your confidence, move around your home more safely by clearing trip hazards
- choose social activities e.g. outings and befriending
- access transport and community services e.g. blue badges, taxi cards, Dial-a-Ride
- check that you are getting the money and benefits and grants you are entitled to.
Who it is for?
Where it is available?
What it costs:
What does it cost?
The Stay Well at Home service is funded by Kingston CCG and is free of charge to over 65s, if you are registered with a Kingston GP.
How to access or apply for it:
How do I get in touch with the service?If you are a health or social care professional and wish to make a referral to the Stay Well at Home service, you can download a referral form from our website
If you think that the service could be helpful to you or someone you know, then please contact us to discuss and find out more about the service
Not sure about moving or staying at home?
Our Housing Choices service can help think through your options, including moving or staying at home. Initial meetings are offered free of charge.
If you decide to move we can also provide a tailored package of support to help you move, including:
- preparing your home for sale
- de-cluttering and downsizing
- liaising with estate agent, solicitors and family members if required
- arranging removals
This service is chargeable.