What does it do?
Staywell provides a specialist Information, Advice & Advocacy Service to anyone over retirement age living in the Borough of Kingston upon Thames and/or their family/carers. The service is free, independent and confidential. We support you to remain independent and safe in your home.
Most of us want to go on living in our own homes as we grow older. There are times, however, when some extra support can make all the difference. For example:
- If you or your your carer experience a period of illness
- Do you have any long-term health problems?
- Have you recently been to hospital?
- Would a little support and advice help you stay at home?
How does it work?
Our award-winning Stay Well at Home service can support you to:
- access health services such as an optician, dentist and podiatrist
- recuperate at home after an illness or fall e.g. support with collecting prescriptions, shopping and light meal preparation, caring for your domestic pets
- get back on your feet after a fall or illness e.g. accompanying you on shopping trips, get help around your home and garden, buildi your confidence, move around your home more safely by clearing trip hazards
- choose social activities e.g. outings and befriending
- access transport and community services e.g. blue badges, taxi cards, Dial-a-Ride
- check that you are getting the money and benefits and grants you are entitled to.