Adult Social Care

Care and support for older people in Blackburn & Darwen

What does it do?

"Welcome to Blackburn with Darwen Council's adult social care website. We aim to help people to live as independently as possible within the community and have a wide range of information about the different choices available to offer support to people when they need it most. We are also working closely with our partners in the independent and voluntary sector to ensure that local people have easy access to information, advice and support."

Councillor Mohammed Khan O.B.E, Executive Member for Adult Social Care

Services provided can include:

•    healthcare
•    equipment
•    help in your home or in a care home
•    community support and activities
•    day centres
•    help for people with disabilities
•    financial support
•    information and advisory services, and advocacy
•    support for carers 

Who it is for?

Blackburn with Darwen Council supports older people, people with mental health problems, people with a sensory impairment, physically disabled people, people with learning disabilities and other people with social care needs to live as independently and safely as possible. We also have a responsibility to protect people from abuse and neglect.

Where it is available?

Local service (Blackburn with Darwen).

How to access or apply for it:

Mail Adult social services, Town Hall, King William Street, Blackburn. BB1 7DY
Phone Number(s) 01254 587547


Info last updated:

Town Hall King William Street, Blackburn, Lancashire, BB1 7DY