Adult Social CareCare and support for older people in Bedford
What does it do?
Services provided can include:
• help in your home or in a care home
• community support and activities
• day centres
• help for people with disabilities
• financial support
• information and advisory services, and advocacy
• support for carers
Who it is for?
The role of Adult Services is to advise and support vulnerable people age 18 years and over who are in need of social care services and risk losing their independence. Where we cannot provide services we can often provide advice and information on alternative services in the community.
We provide services to:
- Older people
- People with housing related support needs
- People with learning disabilities
- People with mental health problems
- People with disabilities, sensory needs and long term conditions
- People with substance misuse issues
- Carers – anybody who provides unpaid care to people in the above groups.