Adult Social Care

Care and support for older people in Northamptonshire

What does it do?

We can provide advice and services in relation to:

  • living independently with care and support
    • assisted living
    • care villages
    • sheltered housing

  • moving on from hospital

  • paying for care

  • self directed support and personal budgets

  • specialist care
    • sensory loss
    • mental health
    • learning disability
    • physical disability
    • dementia care

  • care homes

Who it is for?

You may be entitled to support if you are over 18 and finding it difficult to look after yourself or live the way you want to because you have:
  • a learning disability 
  • mental health needs 
  • dementia 
  • lost some or all of your hearing or sight 
  • a physical disability or injury 
  • health problems that impact on your independence

Where it is available?

Local service (East Northamptonshire, Kettering, South Northamptonshire, Wellingborough, Corby, Daventry, Northampton).

What it costs:

An assessment is free and everyone who appears to need support is entitled to one. You will normally be required to complete a financial assessment before you receive services.

How to access or apply for it:

0300 126 1000


Monday to Friday - 8:00am - 6:00pm

What to expect then:

Your first step should be to contact Adult Social Care. When you contact us you will be asked for your personal details and then asked a range of questions about your circumstances.

  • Some assessments can be straightforward and carried out over the telephone.
  • At other times a face to face meeting may be needed

If a face to face meeting is needed then we would pass your information to the Social Care team based in your locality and a Social Care practitioner would visit you at home to carry out the assessment.


Info last updated: