Community Support ServiceCommunity Support Service for older people in Tameside
What does it do?
Our aim is to provide an overall service that supports people to maintain independence and prevent social isolation.
We provide wrap-around support that helps you or a loved one to maintain independence and prevent social isolation. Our team will assess your needs and requirements, offering a focussed, person centred plan.
What kind of support is available?
We will visit you or a loved one to carry out an assessment of need and check that you are safe in your home, referring on for any adaptations that may be required. We can take you or a loved one out with a support worker and build your confidence so that you may feel able to go out independently. We can access and refer to groups that are both social and supportive.
Who it is for?
Anyone over 50 who lives in Tameside that may have experienced the following:
- Fallen or at risk of falling
- Social isolation and loneliness
- Loss in confidence or finding it difficult to get out
- Suffered a bereavement or loss
- Recently attended hospital (in or out patient)
- Decreased mobility issues and in need of signposting to other services that could help