Adult Social Care

to assist older people in Nottingham

What does it do?

Nottingham City Council aims:

  • to assist older people, wherever possible to live independently in their own homes
  • to give practical help to those caring for older people - for example, family or friends
  • to make available residential and nursing homes for older people who can no longer manage to live in their own homes
  • to co-operate fully with other providers of services (such as family doctors, nurses, hospital staff, district councils, voluntary organisations) so that older people get the best quality care that resources allow and the widest possible range of services

Who it is for?

This service is for older people, working age adults with a physical disability or learning disability

Where it is available?

Local service (Nottingham).

How to access or apply for it:

In Writing

The Mary Potter Centre
76 Gregory Boulevard
Hyson Green
United Kingdom

By Telephone

Nottingham City Council (for Nottingham City residents only)

Opening hours are 8.30am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.

Adult Social Care services can be accessed via 0300 1310 300

All enquiries outside of these hours, please use the Emergency Duty Team number 0115 876 1000

By Email

What to expect then:

Following a referral, an assessment is carried out to identify your needs and to decide whether you qualify for a service under the guidelines. Most older people will be contacted by the Assessment and Care Management Team, which is made up of social workers and other staff. Their job is to assess the needs of people referred to them, to see what can be done to help and to arrange appropriate services.


Info last updated:

76 Gregory Boulevard, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG7 5HY