Home from Hospital ServiceHome from Hospital Service for older people in Wirrral
What does it do?
The Home from Hospital Service provides an enablement service designed to help with client’s rehabilitation after a stay in hospital.
Great efforts are made to promote the service by working closely with the Hospital Discharge Team, Nurses, Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists, GP’s and Social Workers.
Our research on client’s feedback suggests that we provide an important, useful, effective and appreciated service.
Upon receiving a referral, whether it’s an individual themselves, family member, hospital staff or another care service, each and every individual is visited for an assessment to help the person identify their needs and requirements to aid their recovery once they have returned home.
This service provides short term low level support to anyone over 16 years of age, leaving hospital and living on the Wirral.
The Home from Hospital Service encourages people to regain their independence and successful rehabilitation on returning home by providing social and practical support such as-
- Collecting Pension/ Paying Bills
- Collection of prescriptions
- Help with Correspondence that may have built up
- Light Housework
- Preparing Light Meals
- Help you find out about local resources and services which may benefit you in the future
- Signposting to other Age UK Wirral services and activities
Who it is for?
Where it is available?
How to access or apply for it:
Home from Hospital team
Age UK Wirral
Devonshire Resource Centre
141 Park Road North
Phone – 0151 488 7802 or 0151 653 4404
What we can’t do.
- We can’t provide personal care, but can arrange for someone who can.
- We can’t act as a substitute for statutory (Council or Health) Services but we can arrange for them to help.