Home from Hospital serviceHome from Hospital service for older people in Gloucestershire
What does it do?
We have a dedicated team of paid staff and trained volunteers available to enable us to deliver this service. Following discharge we will arrange for one of our trained assessment officers to visit you at home.
The support provided depends on an individual's needs: which are decided upon at assessment. These may include:
- Essential practical support to help you stay safe in your own home.
- Practical tasks, essential shopping and laundry to help you settle back in at home.
- Collecting Pensions, prescriptions and assistance with letters, paying bills and making follow up medical appointments.
- A Volunteer visitor who can help rebuild your confidence by visiting each week to have a chat over a cup of tea.
- Support in accessing computer tuition and benefits advice.
- Signposting to other services including arranging a Home Safety Check from Gloucestershire Fire and Rescue Service, and arranging pet care and other support.
What we don't do
- We don't replace carers who help with washing, dressing, toileting
- We do not replace health care professionals like nurses or therapists
- We are not a transport service
Who it is for?
The service is available to vulnerable older people over 65 years who are discharged from hospital. To be eligible for this service you must agree to a home assessment visit, live with Gloucestershire County Council boundaries and be registered with a Gloucestershire GP.
Where it is available?
What it costs:
How to access or apply for it:
How to be referred to the Home from Hospital service
- Any health or social care professional can refer you or ask on your behalf
- A relative or friend can contact us
- You can refer yourself
The Home from Hospital service is available Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm. There is a 24 hour answer phone service.
Home from Hospital service
Age UK Gloucestershire
|Telephone:||01452 422 660|