In Touch BefriendingBefriending service for older people in Hammersmith & Fulham
What does it do?
We recruit volunteers of all ages and from all walks of life to support us in delivering our one-to-one support and befriending service.
What is the In Touch Befriending Scheme?
Many older people who live alone or are housebound will benefit from the support offered by our In Touch Befriending Service. We want to recruit a team of local people to visit some of the most vulnerable older people in Hammersmith and Fulham at least once a week.
Befriending may simply involve popping round to somebody’s home for a cup of tea and a chat, but may include helping older people with small practical tasks.
Volunteers are also able to help
- By escorting people to their GP’s or hospital appointments
- Accompanying an older person to the local library, theatre, shops or pub.
- With other practical tasks
Who it is for?
- Anyone aged 50 and over
- Those who have little or no contact with others
- Those who don’t often leave their homes
- People who are ill or disabled
- People with non-acute mental health needs
- Or lacks confidence as a result of a recent life changing experience
Where it is available?
How to access or apply for it:
|Phone:||020 7386 2650|