South Yorkshire Centre for Inclusive Living (SYCILAdvocacy services for people in Doncaster and Rotherham
What does it do?
What is independent advocacy?
Sometimes it can be hard to find out about what help is available and to speak up for what you want. Independent advocacy support can help you to:
- Find out about your choices
- Speak up for what you want for yourself
- Make sure your voice is heard
SYCIL's independent advocacy support could help you to:
- Write letters, or understand and complete some forms
- Find out how to access local services
- Speak up at meetings and appointments e.g. care reviews or meetings with social workers
- Find and understand the information you need
Who it is for?
We can help you if you are:
- Physically or sensorily impaired
- Living with a long term health condition which affects your daily life and opportunities
- Live in Doncaster or Rotherham
Where it is available?
How to access or apply for it:
Contact us for more information and to arrange an appointment with one of our advocacy workers.
Doncaster Tel: 01302 892949
Rotherham: 01709 373658Note: Members of the public are welcome to self refer for support, but we also accept professional referrals – if you are a professional who may want to refer people then please contact the service for a professional referral form or complete