Advocacy ServiceAdvocacy service for people in Lancashire
What does it do?
What is Advocacy?
Advocacy is taking action to empower people to say what they want, secure their rights, represent their interests and obtain services they need. Advocates and advocacy schemes work in partnership with the people they support and take their side. Advocacy promotes social inclusion, equality and social justice.
What do advocates do?
Ensure that the people we support:
- Gain access to information
- Have their opinions valued and respected
- Have their views heard
- Understand and advocate their rights
Support people to:
- Access and deal with health and social care services
- Access services they need
- Understand available options and make decisions
- Feel empowered to speak up for themselves
- Write letters and make phone calls
- Prepare for and attend meetings
- Raise concerns
- Make complaints