Home from HospitalHome from Hospital provides support to help with hospital discharge.
What does it do?
- Assisting with preparation for discharge prior to admission
- Preparing your home for discharge
- Shopping for basic supplies
- Undertaking light housework tasks
- Helping with the preparation of light snacks
- Collection of prescriptions and pensions
- Helping to rebuild the confidence to resume daily living tasks
Who it is for?
Where it is available?
What it costs:
How to access or apply for it:
How does it work:
You can refer yourself to Home from Hospital, or you can be referred by a relative, friend, carer, health professional or Social Worker (with the consent of the individual).
A Support Worker will arrange to see you to discuss and plan the practical support you need either to return home from hospital, or to remain in your own home.
Support will normally be provided for 2 to 6 weeks, but is flexible to meet individual needs. Your Support Worker can help you to access:
- Information and advice
- Handyperson services
- Daily living equipment
The providers of this service are Age UK West Cumbria, British Red Cross and Oaklea Trust.