Housing Options Advice & Silverlinks ServiceHousing Options Advice Service
What does it do?
What is the Housing Options element of the service?
We offer unbiased information and advice on housing and care options to assist you as your needs change in later life. The service is for older people, their families and carers. The service supports anyone wishing to make changes to their home or living arrangements who do not have the confidence or knowledge to do this alone.
We help you to make informed decisions based on your individual
needs. For example:
- If you wish to stay in your own home then aids, adaptations,
repairs or home support may help you achieve this
- If you are thinking about downsizing to somewhere more suited to your needs or moving to sheltered, supported, residential or nursing care homes
What is the Silverlinks element of the service?
Silverlinks provides up-to-date, unbiased and accurate information
via events, talks and workshops to older people, groups and professional teams.
It also provides peer-to-peer support via volunteers who have had similar experiences of facing major choices in respect of housing and care.
What do we offer?
- An independent and confidential service tailored to your needs
- Information on the choices and options available to you to help you
make your best decision with more confidence
- Support to help you make changes to your living arrangements
What extra support do we offer?
- Access to advice on financial matters, welfare benefits, health
and social care
- Information on and referral to other agencies and services that can help you
Who it is for?
Older people, groups and professional teams
Where it is available?
What it costs:
How to access or apply for it:
For more information or to access this service, please contact our adviser:
t 0115 919 4881
Alternatively, please write to us at:
Housing Options & Silverlinks Advice Service
Age UK Notts
12 Shakespeare Street