Home SolutionsHandyperson service and home adaptations for older people in Cornwall
What does it do?
Home Solutions provides help with household maintenance, repairs and adaptations for people who are over 60 or have a disability, such as:
- Small household repairs; clear guttering on bungalows; small glazing jobs
- Minor adaptations (installation of grab rails, hand rails or temporary ramps);
- "Odd" jobs (putting up curtain rails and shelves, moving furniture, assembly of flat pack furniture);
- Changing washers or taps, renew sealants, replace toilet seats, small areas of tiling, unblock sinks
- General home safety checks with remedial action (fitting smoke and CO2 detectors)
- Replacing electrical fittings such as sockets, light fittings
- Falls/accident prevention checks with remedial action (securing loose carpets or putting up grab rails);
- Security checks with remedial action (fitting key safes, spy holes, window and door locks and chains);
- Energy efficiency (for example installing low energy light bulbs, draft proofing);
- Loft clearance to allow for insulation to be fitted
- Cleaning pathways to minimise risk of slip hazard
- Signposting clients to other services
Who it is for?
Where it is available?
What it costs:
If not in receipt of a means tested benefit then it is £18 per hour including VAT.
How to access or apply for it:
Home Solutions - Cornwall Council
Planning, Housing and Regeneration Service
Room A2.15 Carrick House
Truro TR1 1EB
What to expect then:
It is not an emergency service but depending on demand we hope to able to visit within 2 weeks although it can sometimes be longer.