Community Memory GroupsMemory Loss Service, helping older people
What does it do?
Weekly groups offering memory therapy and social activity. Memory groups bring people together who have memory loss, i.e. have dementia. There are many different benefits of coming along to the group, including:
- Cognitive Stimulation (working the mind)
- Social activities
- Respite for carers
What activities take place at the groups?
- Word & card games
- Art activities
- Looking at Reminiscence pictures and items
- Board games
- And much more designed to stimulate the mind
Who it is for?
Attendees will need to fit certain criteria, including:
- Memory loss including a diagnosis of Dementia
- Some mobility (able to get yourself to the toilet)
- Would benefit from taking part in cognitive stimulation activities
Where it is available?
What it costs:
How to access or apply for it:
There are some requirements for referral to the group including a diagnosis of dementia.
See contact details above.
We currently have six groups:
- Monday in Cowes and Newport
- Tuesday in Lake
- Wednesday in Brading
- Thursday in Ryde and Freshwater