Good NeighboursShort term help when you are struggling - feeling isolated
What does it do?
The overall aim of our organisation is to improve the quality of life for the vulnerable, lonely and socially isolated elderly. Our specific aims are to increase our clients wellbeing thereby enabling them to stay in the home of their choice for as long as possible. We promote social inclusion and by offering the following help:
- befriending leading to inclusion in local community activities
- rebuilding confidence following a hospital admission or illness
- paper-work eg form filling and correspondence
- falls prevention classes
- accompany clients to medical appointments
- help access information and advice
- short term practical help in times of crisis eg shopping
Who it is for?
those aged 65+ who are socially isolated
Where it is available?
Local service (Tunbridge Wells).
What it costs:
The majority of our services are free, however, we make a small charge for petrol costs when accompanying someone to a medical appointment.
How to access or apply for it:
Through telephoning 01892 510200, or
Info last updated:
12 Upper Grosvenor Road, Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN1 2EP