Occupational Therapy

Occupational Therapy services in Warwickshire

What does it do?

Firstly, they or one of their Team, will talk to you to get full information as to your needs. This may result in:
  1. referring you to a more appropriate service;
  2. giving you advice over the telephone;
  3. arranging to visit you at home; or
  4. a combination of these actions.
The Occupational Therapist or Occupational Therapy Assistant together with you will agree a plan of action that meets your needs. This may be through:
  1. suggesting alternative ways of completing a task;
  2. loaning specialist equipment; Integrated Community Equipment Services
  3. recommending minor building adaptations such as grab rails; or
  4. recommending grant support for major adaptations to make your home more suitable for independent living
For more information on major adaptations please visit the Warwickshire Accessible Housing (WAH) Partnership Pages or visit the New social network

Who it is for?

Occupational Therapists work with older people alongside other professionals. They will assist you (as long as you meet the Department’s Fair Access to Care Criteria) if you are having difficulty with day to day tasks in order to prevent you from harming yourself or losing your independence.

Where it is available?

Local service (Stratford-on-Avon, Warwick, North Warwickshire, Nuneaton & Bedworth, Rugby).

How to access or apply for it:

For all Adult Social Care enquiries call 01926 410 410

Lines are open from 8am to 8pm, Monday to Friday; or from 9am to 4pm on Saturday. Our highly trained advisors will be able to deal with your query, whether you are:
  • asking for support for the first time;
  • looking for information and advice; or
  • getting our services and need to let us know about a change in your situation


Info last updated:

Warwickshire County Council, Shire Hall, Warwick, Warwickshire, CV34 4RR