What does it do?
Firstly, they or one of their Team, will talk to you to get full information as to your needs. This may result in:
- referring you to a more appropriate service;
- giving you advice over the telephone;
- arranging to visit you at home; or
- a combination of these actions.
The Occupational Therapist or Occupational Therapy Assistant together with you will agree a plan of action that meets your needs. This may be through:
- suggesting alternative ways of completing a task;
- loaning specialist equipment; Integrated Community Equipment Services
- recommending minor building adaptations such as grab rails; or
- recommending grant support for major adaptations to make your home more suitable for independent living
For more information on major adaptations please visit the Warwickshire Accessible Housing (WAH) Partnership Pages or visit the New social network