Safe homes for older and vulnerable people

What does it do?

Independent Living Services Home Improvement Agency (HIA) provides a range of advice and assistance to older or vulnerable people who are owner-occupiers or renting their home from a private landlord or housing association, to enable them to remain living independently in their own homes.

As well as advice, the service can help vulnerable people access financial assistance, subject to eligibility to adapt their homes or deal with serious hazards that would affect the health and safety of the of the occupier.